EPAT® Shockwave Therapy
Extracorporeal pulse activation technology (EPAT®) is highly effective in relieving chronic pain and inflammation. Referred to as shockwave therapy, this FDA-approved, nonsurgical treatment uses low-frequency sound waves to promote the healing of damaged soft tissues by breaking up scar tissue and promoting blood circulation. Additionally, shockwave therapy triggers soft tissue cells to release certain biochemicals that boost the body’s natural repair processes.
Shockwave Therapy Treats Many Conditions
- Trigger points
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Frozen shoulder
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis elbow
- Neck, back, shoulder, hip pain
- and more!
Shockwave Therapy Sessions
Patients experience relief and much success with shockwave therapy in Albuquerque! The sessions last only a few minutes and staff will recommend the number of sessions for your health concern. Some patients report immediate pain relief, yet it can take up to four weeks to achieve the full results.
Non-invasive and safe, no anesthesia is needed and there is no risk of infection or scarring. Additionally, there is no rehabilitation period. Most patients assume regular activities after receiving this treatment.
A coupling gel is applied to the skin of the painful area and an EPAT applicator gently glides across the skin using slow, circular motions. Some patients describe a sensation of being “snapped with a rubber band” as the pulses of energy are emitted from the probe.
Benefits of Shockwave Therapy
- Shockwave Therapy is a non-invasive treatment approved by the FDA that creates acoustic waves that treats several acute/chronic musculoskeletal conditions. The most common conditions are sciatic, TMJ, chronic neck/shoulder/back pain, hip pain/Iliotibial Band Syndrome, Plantar Faciitis, heel spurs/bunions, & golfer’s/tennis elbow
- The kinetic energy of the device is transferred to the soft tissue that is created by compressed air
- In clinical studies, 70 – 90% of patients reported successful results from Shockwave Therapy
- It increases circulation that helps with the healing process, improved ROM and functionality
Schedule SHOCKWAVE THERAPY
Call (505) 292-5875 or Text +18559301204 or Submit form below
Chiropractic & Massage
Call us at (505) 508-3787 or book online.